[LAU] stuttering sound using vmware in ubuntu karmic

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Wed May 19 18:34:13 UTC 2010

On 19 May 2010 16:52, Bob Andres <bob at andresonline.net> wrote:
> Have you tried running finale under Wine?
>
> A quick Google search shows it should run fine, and would probably
> have less processor overhead than trying to run a VM.
>
> -Bob

To the best of my knowledge, various people have tried running Finale
under Wine and have found that older versions only sort-of ran. Most
report problems with sound and/or midi in-out. Since both of these are
essential for productive use of Finale, the short answer is that
Finale does not run under Wine in a way that will let a professional
work productively with it. More recent versions of Finale appear to be
less likely to work; the activation process also appears to be a
problem.

Fritz