[LAU] SC3 problemino

Holger Ballweg mortuos.plango at googlemail.com
Wed May 19 21:42:14 UTC 2010

Hi Fons,

I use supercollider-svn+scel but I think your problems are mostly
emacs-related...

> Today I installed SC3 and SwingOSC from source (both are
> AUR packakges).

> Everything works, except:
>
> - The SCLang menu in emacs remains empty.
Do you have them in other modes also and use an emacs version prior to
23.2?
Then it could be this bug:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Emacs#Menus_appear_empty

> - Help doesn't work (doesn't seem to find anything, even
>    if the files are there).
 >
 > OTOH, sclang-* commands with M-x in emacs do work, as do
 > the function keys I defined (see below).
 >
 > I guess I'm missing some path or something similar.

do you get this error message in the minibuffer when you try to open a
help file:
"Symbol's function definition is void: w3m-find-file"
Then you need to install emacs-w3m. emacs-w3m-cvs from [extra] works
fine for me. You have to add

(require 'w3m-load)

to your ~/.emacs and everything should be set...

Cheers,

Holger