[LAU] Fedora 12 & CCRMA

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Wed May 19 23:43:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, 19 May 2010, S C Rigler wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2010 16:58:28 -0500, Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
>>
>>   ...I tried `chgrp audio /dev/raw1394`, because I had earlier added myself
>> to the 'audio' group at the suggestion of jackd 0.118.
>

> This will work until your next reboot.

Yup, I discovered that.

> Create /etc/udev/rules.d/99-firewire.rules with the following contents:
>

> # IEEE1394 (firewire) devices
> # Please note that raw1394 gives unrestricted, raw access to every single
> # device on the bus and those devices may do anything as root on your system.
> # Yes, I know it also happens to be the only way to rewind your video camera,
> # but it's not going to be group "video", okay?
> KERNEL=="raw1394",                      GROUP="audio"
> KERNEL=="dv1394*",                      GROUP="audio"
> KERNEL=="video1394*",                   GROUP="audio"

  Thanks!

... I also just stumbled upon Ardour bug #2832: The track 'mute' buttons
don't work as expected by default.  Channel level meter goes to zero, but
signal is still routed to all sends and outputs.  It's supposedly fixed in
current svn, but both fedora12 and US10.04 versions have it.
Circumvention is an edit to ~/.ardour2/ardour.rc

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our
safety and our ideals."
                                -President Barack Obama 20 Jan 2009