[LAU] Sending audio to another computer

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Sat May 22 20:50:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Grant <emailgrant at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There's a few ways, but AFAIK they depend on a local network being
>>> available.
>>
>> Well, you could put an extra nic in each computer and use netjack over that
>> while keeping the traffic off of the normal local network.
>
> That would require setting one of the systems up as a router right?
> If so, that's what I'll do, but I want to be sure there isn't a
> simpler way.

If you don't want to use networking, you can have an inexpensive card
like M-Audio 2496 send SPDIF to the other machine for playback. Evn
some cheaper builtin sound cards now come with SPDIF output... I have
a HP machine I bought for cheap on eBay and it has a built-in SPDIF
output, and I send that to my Linux box which has the good soundcard
(RME) and big monitors.

-- Brett