[LAU] is there a "sourceforge" or "youtube" for MIDI ??

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Wed May 26 18:46:31 UTC 2010

Niels Mayer wrote:
> Robin --
>
> Many thanks for the information and perspective you provided. I too
> thought ABC might be a good possibility; would MusicXML be an
> improvement?:

It certainly offers more possibilities. ABC is only a subset.

MusicXML has it's shortcomings - as presented by Reinhold Kainhofer this
years LAC: http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/?page=program - but these are
 mostly limitations concerning typesetting not MIDI/Musical ones.

> http://musicxml.org/dtds/midixml.html ... I also found this:
> http://staff.dasdeck.de/valentin/midi/

http://staff.dasdeck.de/valentin/midi/sequencer.php is fun to toy around
with (there goes another half-hour of precious time). The sources are
available for download but there's no license with them. mmh.

We're also drifting a bit off topic: an archive or revision system for
midi compositions is not the same an online midi-remix platform; though
the latter could make use of the former.