[LAU] Synth: Dubstep Bass

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Thu May 27 19:09:26 UTC 2010

Hey all,

I used to produce some dubstep songs (totally synthesized) using various
proprietary solutions,
but I'm recently attracted to the bass frequencies again.

Hence I'm looking for a good synth for bass, with plenty of assignable
LFO's, Portamento, and... sounding good!

I've a little experience with MX44, another little bit with AlsaMod Synth, a
bit of a giggle with ZynSubAdd, a play around
with the recent Yoshimi, but I'm not convinced of any really heavy bass yet.

Chances are that I've not got the right settings for the synth, Just
wondering if there's any dubstep guys out there using linux synths,
or if anybody has any PD dubstep patches?

Cheers, -Harry