[LAU] qjackctl fails to exit gracefully on UbuntuStudio 10.4

Raine M. Ekman raine at iki.fi
Mon May 31 07:49:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, John Ouzts wrote:
> Are you putting the "/usr/bin/pacmd exit; rm /dev/shm pulse*" script into
> the qjackctl>Setup>Options box?

I actually only did this cleanup from the command line so far, but that is
the place where I'd put the commands. Any more commands and I'd migrate
it to ~/bin/jack-prestart.sh or something.

> I suppose the replacement script would need to be setuid, since at least
> one of the pulseaudio files could not be removed as user. That in turn,
> I think, means this needs to be a compiled program rather than a shell
> script for security reasons. Does that make sense?

I wouldn't worry about that one file (left from playing some startup
sound?) unless it actually causes problems. I'm of course assuming a
single user setup, where there wouldn't be leftovers from other users'
sessions.

--
  Raine M. Ekman  tel: 0400 838 395
  raine at iki.fi    www: http://www.iki.fi/%7Eraine/