[LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Mon May 31 20:59:45 UTC 2010

Greetings to you!
   Simple, to answer your question Leonard:
1. You produce good work
2. You give it away for free
   I thik the point being made was simply this: Selling something is not in the
way of it being good. It is the question of inentionyou have. I know a lot of
very good bands and orchestras, who have produced very good works of music and
sold them. Some sales have gone fabulously well, others only relatively well.
Depends on the audience, which is reached by the kind of music you make.
   And not to raise a flaming debate: I love the prospect of free music,
indulge in it myself - on a completely self-sufficient level - and hope, that
I can always keep that up. Because I enjoy giving it away and saying: Thanks
mates! Great work you did! And also: I didn't pay for the ideas. But not all
the world can do it. People earn a living by producing music. I admit: Some
are quite rich and earn astromic sums of money. Is this fair? That's beside
the point. :-)
   Kindly yours
            Julien

--------