[LAU] Campaign: "The most remarkable album on this entire planet"

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon May 31 21:00:27 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:50:36PM +0200, Leonard Ritter wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:33 PM,  <fons at kokkinizita.net> wrote:
> > It never is. The order is
> >
> > 1. Produce great work,
> > 2. Sell copies.
>
> How is that going to work when we have always given out our work for free?

You could try

> 1. Produce great work,
> 2. Give away copies.

:-)

You wrote:

> ... for showing that selling copies isn't the only way to
> produce great work, ...

And my point is: there is no point in showing this, because
selling copies has to happen after the work has been produced,
and therefore selling copies can never be a way to produce
a great work.

In the best case it can give you the means to produce the
*next* great work.

Ciao,

--
FA