[LAU] Music made with linux: Abundance - Ambient-Psy-Trance

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Nov 1 12:48:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, November 1, 2010 3:50 am, Philipp Ãœberbacher wrote:
> Excerpts from Patrick Shirkey's message of 2010-10-31 12:35:54 +0100:
>> On Sat, October 30, 2010 9:16 am, Gwenhwyfaer wrote:
>> > In my opinion, the most audible influence upon Shirkey's oeuvre is
>> > that of Dunning & Kruger.
>> >

>> I would have said Kruder and Dorfmeister myself ;-P

>> Stacey

>> ardour3
>> drum

>> large

>> anyone
>> definitely

>> potential
>> in

>> feedback:
>> less
>> sign.

>> of
>> >>

>> Thanks for listening Philipp. Your feedback is constructive and well
>> thought out.
>>
>> I will grant you that this music is *not* easily accessible - at the
>> moment.
>>
>> I am working on that aspect. Unfortunately I only have so many hours in
>> week and many other things I am supposed to be doing at the same time.
>
> I'm glad you don't take it the wrong way. The main reason why I wrote it
> was the general lack of feedback you had received.
> I do like some uneasy music as well, but a rather different kind, and
> only about once a month. I'm more on the noisy side of things, I love
> Maurizio Bianchi's "River of water of life" for example.
>
> Well, last time I posted music on a ML it killed the thread, and next
> time you can smash me into the ground if you want to ;)

I don't mind.

What I have realised though is that the normalise function on the ardour3
exporter made significant changes to my levels. I have exported a new
version of the Halloween mix which is actually what I am hearing when
mixing the track.

It is uploading now and will be finished in a few hours.

The main difference is that the vocal tracks are actually possible to
understand. The other thing is that the overall sound is smoother.

No more normalising for me.