[LAU] Compression/EQ Tutorials

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:18:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:12 AM, Darrin Thompson <darrinth at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Brett McCoy <idragosani at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Learn from the master himself, Alan Parsons:
>>
>> http://www.artandscienceofsound.com/
>>
>> Not free, but reasonably priced (I think you can get the entire
>> downloadable collection for $99).
>>

> Have you seen it yourself? In the interest of splitting hairs, is he a
> good teacher? The trailers are too short to tell.

Yes, I have the entire set. I think they are pretty good, he does a
good job of explaining how to tweak things like EQ (i.e., "To acheive
a bright bass tone, change this frequency" kind of thing). He not only
does a lot of talking and discussing, but there is a lot of footage of
him at mixing and editing sessions and talking through things.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com