[LAU] Write down music for practicing?

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 07:36:02 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> Erik Steffl wrote:
>>
>>  I have lot of sheet music for practicing (guitar) and would love to have
>> a simple way to put it into computer so that I can play it.
>>
>> Something that makes it easy to write music, could be just text (like
>> http://abc.sourceforge.net/) or regular music notation or tabs or...
>> whatever is optimized for writing down music...
>>
>>  Just to be clear - I am not looking for a way to record the music, I want
>> to write it down in some kind of notation.
>>
>>  playback is not a focus, if it produces midi or audio file and the rhythm
>> is correct I'm happy.
>>
>>  (looking for opinions based on personal experience)
>>
>>  (and yes, looking for linux solution)
>
> Denemo seemed very easy to use for that purpose the last time I used it.

I use nted -- to input and play and teach singing
http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/nted/nted.xhtml
Basically gui oriented but for single line melodies can use keyboard.

It has guitar tablature see
http://vsr.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~jan/nted/doc/ch01s27.html
but that is not a notation I am familiar with (I only use it for piano
(keyboard) and singing)