[LAU] SSD for audio

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Wed Nov 3 17:28:53 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010, david wrote:

> Don't forget to include a heavy-duty UPS able to keep that system up
> and running long enough to write all those gigabytes of data to
> storage that doesn't require constant power to maintain it's contents!
> ;-)

Oh yeah, of course I've got a UPS...  Apparently the cablemodem router
in my apartment building has one too, because I'm able to stay on the
Internet during power outages even after the whole building has gone
dark.

(Which means I'm able to actually do what our electric company says
about going onto their web site to let them know about blackouts...
It's still hilarious that they tell people that though.)

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky