[LAU] Ubuntu 10.10 upgrade trying to remove ardour

John Tomlinson normalblaster-lau at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 7 16:26:56 UTC 2010

hello

I was just about to upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to 10.10 when I _actually_
read the warning screen and saw that the upgrade would remove ardour.
Does anyone have any idea why this is? Can I just re-install it later?

I have also seen cryptic comments here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Studio

that says that the real time kernel in not available in 10.10.

I have not been paying much attention lately so I guess that something
has changed in the world of real time recording......

Comments anyone?

John T.

PS