[LAU] DJ-ing hardware and software

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 15:20:56 UTC 2010

Hi all,

A friend of mine has asked me for advice on setting up her linux laptop
to do live dj-ing. She wants a sound card with at least 2 stereo outputs
(one to play and one to listen to the next track), and some advice on
what software is good for this and how best to set it up. She is running
ubuntu 10.10. She lives in a different town and doesn't come up here
much so I want to keep things as simple as possible so she can set it
all up herself.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable usb sound card?

I have told her about TerminatorX, but any other suggestions for DJ
software would be helpful.

Thanks,

andy