[LAU] xjadeo 0.6.0 release-candidate

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Nov 12 18:42:06 UTC 2010

Hi *,

xjadeo is the X JAck viDEo mOnitor:
A program that displays a video clip in sync with an external time
source. Applications include: soundtrack composition/editing, video
monitoring and -installations.

http://xjadeo.sf.net/

xjadeo is about to reach the next milestone.

Highlights of updates:
 * qjadeo native QT4 implementation
 * LTC sync support
 * "art installation" mode (time-map, frame-crop)
 * x-platform support (runs on all OS that jack2 does)
 * rewritten manual
 * development moved to git
 * ...

If you have a minute: please test! Should be easy enough: Thanks to
Alessio Treglia it is already available in debian/sid and ubuntu/natty.

Are you tired of whining about not being able to cooperate with a FLOSS
project because you can't code..? Well, here's your chance:

 * We are thinking it is about time xjadeo has a stronger, more
distinctive logo, and are also looking for a "Made with xjadeo" logo for
film credit rolls.

 * We'd appreciate very much if you - preferably a native English
speaker - would help to proof-read the new manual.