[LAU] Mumble Jack Support

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Fri Nov 12 21:30:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Daniel  Worth <pipemanmusic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would appreciate if people could add positive comments to a bug in Mumbles
> bug tracker to request Jack support.
>
> This would provide a solid free cross platform VOIP solution for podcasters
> to host shows reliably on while offering a free client on every platform.

I'm not going to add anything because I know nothing about Mumble, but
it's perhaps worth remarking that JACK may well be the simplest and
most stable callback-based audio API I have ever used.

That doesn't mean it's easy to support: its low-latency requirements
can be difficult to meet.  But it's certainly easy to _code_ if you
support a callback mechanism already, and it won't bitrot easily.

Chris