[LAU] Introduction and questions

Brett McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 13:58:18 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Andrew C <countfuzzball at gmail.com> wrote:

> The biggest deciding factor would be the RAM speed, FrontSide Bus
> speed (I think) and how many RPMs the hard drive does (as linuxsampler
> is streaming from disk). Also, linuxsampler can run headless, so you
> probably wouldn't need X.

Really, the minimum drive speed for sampling should be 7200 RPM, and
best to keep your samples on a separate drive from your OS & software.
If you use an external drive for samples, use eSATA or Firewire, USB
just doesn't seem to have the bandwidth for handling sample data.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com