[LAU] Text-based editor for Gigasamples?

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Fri Nov 19 14:41:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:19 PM, Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> I'm going clicky-draggy crazy trying to edit a Gigasample with Gigedit. Hundreds of samples click, click, click, click, tedious, aauuugh!!
>
> Please, someone rescue me, with some kind of text file I can edit, and which will compile into a gigasample.

The CVS version of LinuxSampler has support for the SFZ format, which
actually is a plain text file (plus the sample files, of course). But
AFAIK there's no GIG to SFZ converter, so that's not really going to
help if you're editing an existing GIG file.

> I'm trying to edit a bass gig that I found. I want to change the release time on every sample. It should take 2 seconds with any text editor, and be 100% perfect. It's taking forever with this gooey thing, and is error-prone.

Unless the release time needs to be different for each sample, this
can be done quite quickly using the "apply to all regions" checkbox at
the bottom. But I agree that gigedit is tedious for anything with more
than about a dozen samples...

Dominic