[LAU] alsa sequencer port numbering

Gwenhwyfaer gwenhwyfaer at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 12:27:48 UTC 2010

Lacking either connected MIDI hardware or a MIDI file to play, I was
limited in how much testing I could do; however, the aplaymidi man
page says it wants -p CLIENT:PORT but will assume port 0 if just given
a client. So it appears that you would be able to use:

aplaymidi -p 20
aplaymidi -p 20:0
aplaymidi -p 'Ensoniq AudioPCI'
aplaymidi -p 'Ensoniq AudioPCI:ES1371'