[LAU] Creamware/Scope/SHARC/ALSA

Batz batzman-lau at all-electric.com
Mon Nov 22 23:10:28 UTC 2010

Y-ellow All.
         I know this is unlikely but I thought I'd better ask before I
dismiss this notion too lightly. But has anyone managed to get any
creamware DSP platforms working with ALSA?

I've got a couple of old Creamware cards. A scope fusion and pulsar if
memory serves. Between them there are 9 SHARC DSPs. Which would be very
nice should they be able to be pressed into service under linux.

I don't suspect so. Even under windows these things are locked down and
locked out. I can find a lot of chatter about this but nothing conclusive.
I even recall someone talking about running csound on one of these things
many years ago. So I thought I'd tentatively ask just in case I'm missing
something.

Thanks in advance.

Be absolutely icebox.

| "_ \      | |         batzman-lau at all-electric.com