[LAU] controllerism on linux

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Nov 28 17:42:14 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 10:21:50AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy at autostatic.com> wrote:
>
> > Qtractor. Especially now that it has MIDI learn.
>
> Qtractor is a great piece of software. But if you really think that it
> can be used the way that Moldover and others use Live, then you just
> don't understand what they are doing.

IIRC this was done on Linux, by someone on this list:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxlAFG7MA8o

I found it impressive. He used a Monome as a controller and user interface (i.e.... no need to worry about what SooperLooper does or does not show on screen, for example).  I do not remember what tools he used on the back end for handlling the loops. If it's something he coded up himself, perhaps he'd share it.

-ken