[LAU] controllerism on linux

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Nov 30 11:56:04 UTC 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 11:30:46 +0000, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org>
wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 12:12:08 +0100, Hartmut Noack
> <zettberlin at linuxuse.de> wrote:
>>
>> - qtractor is not made for tricks like these but maybe one could use it
>> to trigger Samples that are played on individual tracks in a loop. It
>> even adapts samples if the BPM changes and has lots of other cool
>> features like MIDI-tracks, plugins and a real mixer.
>> One could let the loop run and trigger the idividual samples using
>> mute/solo and do a lot of impressive stuff remote-controlling
>> plugin-parameters.
>> This did not work out so well for me since I failed to make qtractor
>> work with my controller as intended. It appeared quite enigmatic to me
>> how one would map a Key  to mute/solo on an individual mixer-track. But
>> basically it seem to work so there is hope to see MIDI-learn as known
>> from Ardour in it...
>>

> attotw, qtractor track mute/solo are not subjects to any midi
> controller mapping, so there's no remote control for those yet, not even
> on svn trunk, sorry :)

did i just said that? that is wrong.

qtractor track mute/solo/record arming are indeed assignable to midi
controllers but just not via "midi learn". that's the catch, midi learn
is only applicable to plugin parameter controls.

midi mapping for the mixer/track controls (volume, pan, mute, solo,
rec) are mapped in declarative, generic or parametric fashion for all
numbered tracks as a whole, instead of individually per control subject
(see menu view/controllers...)

aha, sometimes, i seem to get confused with my own implementations, so
please don't bash me so hard :)

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela