[LAU] Csound and Ecasound

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Tue Nov 30 15:16:27 UTC 2010

Hello Aelx!
   I know, that I didn't come across anything ecasound+jackmidi. Ecasound ALSA
MIDI support is quite basic. That's why Nama tries to combine Ecasound with
midish, which again doesn't do jackmidi. I didn't come across any jackmidi CLI
app yet. At least not in the sense of a sequencer or other directly musical
tool.
   But still, Ecasound and Csound can be good companions. I sometimes turn to
Csound for sample editing, like in creating samples, special FX or sample
based synthesis. Beyond that I only midified one isntrument though. If I ever
needed any kind of score, I typed it by hand using the csound score format.
Not really adviseable for real, old fashioned music, especially if it's
getting big (long or stacked voices high). :-)
   Sorry, not to be of more help, but I just thought I'd throw in my two cents.
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net