[LAU] extracting files from a cd

Michael Weaver michaelweaver1 at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 1 18:24:21 UTC 2010

Hi!
my name is Michael and I am a newby to this list as someone on the Orca
list pointed me in the direction of this list as regarding a question I
have.
I am running Ubuntu Lucid and was using Audio CD extractor for
extracting tracks from CDs.
I have one CD of a 2 disc set where only the first 10 tracks on the
second CD only want to be extracted to my music folder.
When I look at the check boxes in Audio CD Extractor I see all of the
check boxes checked apart from track 11 which doesn't appear at all.
I use the Orca screenreader and when I read the table with the arrow
keys I have track 1 check box checked, track 2 check box checked right
up to track 10, it doesn't say any status for track 11 and the next box
appears as track 12 and that is checked down to track 19 which is the
list track on that CD.
I notice that I get a message about the album not being recognised by
Music Brains or something and possibly asked if I want to submit the
album for adding to the database so I am wondering if this is the reason
while only the first 10 tracks are converted and sent to my music folder
so I don't get the whole of that CD when I copy the contents to my
Plextalk player.