[LAU] Cubase64

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 18:35:34 UTC 2010

Hi friends,

Just wanted to share this amazing video of a c64 doing realtime
effects that has been passing through the interweb today.
The effects are quite spectacular for a machine that old and limited
but I think perhaps the most amazing thing is that they managed to
compress 2 minutes worth of Tom's Diner into 26kb of data, if I read
the the white paper correctly.

A video demonstration here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDrqBYkco-Y

A white paper here:
http://www.livet.se/mahoney/c64-files/Cubase64_White_Paper_by_Pex_Mahoney_Tufvesson.pdf
Have only skimmed it yet but looks very interesting.

Ofcourse there is always the chance this is a hoax but I sure hope not :)

Regards,
Robert