[LAU] OT: C or C++?

Tim Clewlow tim at clewlow.org
Thu Oct 14 01:36:55 UTC 2010

> Tim Clewlow wrote:
>
>> Note, most programming languages are very similar in terms of the
>> concepts they describe. So once you have learned one, the rest
>> come
>> much more easily..
>
> Assuming that you have C or C++ experience, have you ever looked
> at languages like Haskell, Prolog and Postcript, because those
> are three languages are very different to one another and also
> very different from C and C++ (which are rather similar).
>
> Erik
> --
.
I completely agree, I've dabbled in Lisp and Prolog. My point is
that most languages are based around: variables, conditionals,
loops, and procedures. There are variations of implementing this,
and many additional concepts floating around, but the concepts I
listed appear as the base of most languages. I thought it might be
better to hold off from introducing predicate calculus and list
based coding for a first time programmer. ;-)

Happy coding, Tim.