[LAU] vmx1000usb mixer linux usb support

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Tue Oct 19 11:33:17 UTC 2010

On 10/17/2010 08:27 AM, Raffaele Recalcati wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Looking at the new mixer to connect to my genelec 8030A
>
> http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/VMX1000USB.aspx
>
> I read
> "Built-in USB interface for recording and playback of any digital
> music file. Works with your PC or Mac computer—no setup or drivers
> required"
>
> So I can guess that it should be work out-of-the-box also with Linux.
> Any additional info?

i hope i don't annoy people with yet another round of behringer bashing,
but the combination of this mixer with the rather decent genelecs
strikes me as a pretty uneven combination.

the mackie onyx mixers mentioned before work great with linux and are
pretty good, but might be over your needs and budget.
you could consider a nice audio interface that suits your needs and
combine it with a good analogue mixer, such as a small allen&heath or
soundcraft one, either of the dj or the f.o.h./studio type.

best,

jörn