[LAU] Write down music for practicing?

Erik Steffl steffl at tsoft.com
Wed Oct 20 17:41:16 UTC 2010

   I have lot of sheet music for practicing (guitar) and would love to
have a simple way to put it into computer so that I can play it.

Something that makes it easy to write music, could be just text (like
http://abc.sourceforge.net/) or regular music notation or tabs or...
whatever is optimized for writing down music...

   Just to be clear - I am not looking for a way to record the music, I
want to write it down in some kind of notation.

   playback is not a focus, if it produces midi or audio file and the
rhythm is correct I'm happy.

   (looking for opinions based on personal experience)

   (and yes, looking for linux solution)

   thanks!

	erik