[LAU] Introductory seq24 tutorial

Frank Neumann beachnase at web.de
Tue Oct 26 23:11:20 UTC 2010

Hi Leigh,

> I've just posted a video tutorial for seq24 -- it discusses what seq24
> is, and what it isn't, and then proceeds to demonstrate the basics of
> building and playing patterns. If you've tried it in the past and been
> confused by its somewhat unique interface, hopefully this will get you
> past that initial confusion. The direct Youtube link is here:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2WDHS1wYeM

Wow, that is finally one really nice tutorial video - very well done!
I like the quality of video and sound, the speed, the "entertaining bits" -
everything really!

May I ask a few short questions about creation of this tutorial (I tried
to write them so that a simple yes/no suffices in most cases ;-):

- What toolchain did you use? Was it the Xephyr/jack_capture/ffmpeg
  package that others (AutoStatic?) had mentioned here or in other places?

- What frame rate did you choose for video - 15fps?

- I assume you first write out to disk mostly uncompressed video at the
  highest possible quality and then do a re-encoding to your selected target
  video format offline afterwards?

- Did you experience any audio/video out-of-sync problems which you had to
  compensate for by e.g. time-stretching the video?

- Since your voice comes over pretty clear, I assume you did not do live
  voice recording, but rather overdubbed it afterwards by "watching and
  commenting" your own video?

Thanks for answering,
Frank