[LAU] alsa-jack plugin... some patches.

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Oct 29 11:07:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> On 10/29/10 05:00, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
>>
>>> ..but I could not get your .asoundrc working. It fails with
>>>
>>> [AO_ALSA] alsa-lib: pcm_hw.c:1293:(snd_pcm_hw_open) open
>>> '/dev/snd/pcmC0D0p' failed (-16): Device or resource busy
>>
>> you're not opening the JACK device, clearly - this message references
>> /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p
>
> I hazard a guess that it's just mplayer with a misleading error message.

i don't think so. i think its you not telling mplayer to use the
correct ALSA device.

> I prefixed torben's config with
>
> pcm.!default {
>  type plug
>  slave { pcm "jack" }
> }

which confirms my guess since this now makes the default ALSA device
be the JACK one, and thus apps which open "default" (which they should
if no other device name is given by the user) will get the JACK one.

probably worth reading this, part of my ongoing efforts to flesh out
the JACK FAQ .....

http://jackaudio.org/routing_alsa