[LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Sep 2 07:17:56 UTC 2010

Hakan Koseoglu wrote:
> On 2 September 2010 07:52, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>>> I don't mean to be offensive, but that does sound an awful lot like what
>>> parents were saying when Elvis came out.  :)
>> I studied and played ragtime quite a bit. That was the "popular music" my
>> grandmother loved when she was young. One time when I was playing some
>> ragtime at her house, she came over and said, "Oh, you're playing that dirty
>> ragtime music." That was what her parents had said about ragtime when it was
>> popular!
> I'm pretty sure when Mozart came out to play & conduct a concert, a
> couple of ladies fainted and old women always said the same thing. :)

Back then, in the circles where Mozart performed, everyone had active
sexual affairs going on. The old women were probably saying to the young
ones, "Don't do it with him, he'll just use you and dump you!" while
being perfectly willing to use him for their own pleasure ...

> (Note: The concerts used to be a lot more energetic those days, the
> silent, passive listeners were not (here's a good rant about iit
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/mar/08/classical-music-applause-rule-obama))

Yah. Audience participation!

--
David