[LAU] re Subconscious Affecting Music

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Fri Sep 10 00:33:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, September 9, 2010 10:19 am, Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 05:14:59PM +0400, Louigi Verona wrote:
>> "It is my considered opinion and that of a large number of musicians and
>> artists throughout the world that pop music is being used as social
>> control."
>>
>> I would agree with Patrick on this one.
>>
>> It is not a conspiracy, it is just a matter of common interests of large
>> corporations and powerful people.
>> Maybe this control is not too big, its effect does dry out as I
>> mentioned
>> before, but it is certainly there.
>>

> Twas ever thus. Music is a social emulsifier, and has been so at least as
> far back as the days of tribal drumming and chanting. It affects us
> powerfully, physically, and at an emotional level that is very difficult
> or impossible to contain via rational thought.
>
> That has not changed. What has changed is the structure of the society in
> which the music exists.
>
> I agree that this social structure has changed in a way that is toxic to
> humans-- a world run by zombie undead corporations that are not even alive
> (maybe the sci-fi books were on to something, and the evil robots that
> have taken over the world now have Inc, SP.A, Gmbh, and LLC in their
> names), to the benefit of a comparatively tiny elite minority of humans
> (comparatively: to 7 billion people, even hundreds of thousands is tiny)
> of uber-wealthy families.
>
> What I don't buy is the conspiracy theories that seem to permeate the
> right wing and left wing of politics, so Patrick's argument lost me at
> "Rothschilds" and 'QEII". Nah, the uber-wealthy back-stab each other and
> look out for themeselves, and they have no problem stealing from each
> other as easily as stealing from the rest of us. Plus, there are
> numerically a LOT of them around-- good luck coordinating hundreds of
> thousands of people.
>
> So, I very much doubt that the rich elite are acting in any kind of
> organized conspiracy. Shared interests and shared goals, perhaps, but I
> see any coordination they might be doing, as being loose and with a great
> deal of mutual mistrust. The rich elite have always been a back-stabbing,
> venial, loathesome lot, at least as far back as the days when an English
> bard documented their courtroom intrigues in some rather well-written
> plays.

I would agree with you except for the pyramid does not flatten out once
you get to a certain amount of money in the bank.

Hence even the Heriditary elite are subject to the structure of the system
and are complicit in maintaining it in order to retain their status,
wealth, power, etc...

It's a self fulfilling system. IIUC, the way the system works is so that
the ones at the very top whether it's the same people, families or a
rotating door get the most out of the system. The closer to the the top
you get the more the system offers you in return for the effort you put in
to maintain the position.

Technically it's not a conspiracy because that belittles the system.
Anyone who thinks that understanding it in it's entirety and seeing it for
what it really is constitutes a conspiracy theorist is misunderstanding
the term conspiracy.

A really interesting conspiracy would be if certain people at the top were
actively trying to cover up information that would lead to them being
taken out of that position or held accountable for the heinous crimes that
they are committing.

In that case I think we have ample evidence to prove there is at least one
large conspiracy and several other supporting conspiracies at play. It is
not news and as you rightly say it has even been used as the motivation to
produce some of the finest works of literature and art.

IMO to deny it is happening is just a cop out by lazy or scared people who
don't want to admit the system is really screwed up. It also ensures
apathy can reign supreme and the status quo is maintained. It is the
simplest and most effective way for the system to maintain it's structure.
Hence the mass media is used to encourage and distract from that way of
thinking. The checks and balances in place now have been carefully weaved,
bolted and welded into place over millenia.

This goes all the way back to the Sumerians which means at least 12,000
years of documented civilisation.

When the Egyptians and the Incas built the pyramids they were making a
fundamental political statement as much as they were proving their
technological prowess. The people at the top are still making that
statement. Just look at Berg Kalipha...

Denying it does not change the fact that it is happening.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.