[LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

Fritz Meissner meissner.fritz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 13:30:52 UTC 2010

On 10 September 2010 17:54, rosea grammostola
<rosea.grammostola at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for all the info so far.
> I have gathered some components:
>
> Processor: i5 750
> Heatsink: ?
> MB: Asus P7P55D
> Memory: Corsair XMS3 4GB(2x2GB) PC3-10666
> HDD: 2 x Western Digital WD5000AADS (Bulk, Caviar Green) (500GB)
> Case: Antec SOLO
> Fan: Nexus 120mm Real Silent case fan
> DVD: Lite-On iHAS124 24xDVDRW
> PSU: Seasonic S12II, 380Watt, ATX
> Screen: Lenovo L1951p 19" or ThinkVision L197 19inch (1440x900) Wide
> Flat Panel LCD (Analog/Digital) HDCP TCO 03,MPR-II
>
> Comments are welcome.
>
> You can see a review of the i5-750 with that MB at Techspot
http://www.techspot.com/review/193-intel-core-i5-750/ . BTW, you have
realised that the four core processors do not include a built in GPU ? You
will need a video card as well. The two core processors have the GPU, but
the four core one uses that space for the extra cores. I think this is
sensible because nobody is going to build a high performance machine and
then use on chip graphics, so the GPU would basically be wasted.

Fritz