[LAU] USB audio interface and a buggy USB controller

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Wed Sep 15 08:01:44 UTC 2010

On 09/14/2010 07:57 PM, Monty Montgomery wrote:
> Oh, I should say I've also just recently seen similar problems (for no
> apparent reason) when an XHCI (3.0) controller hands off a full-speed
> (1.1) isochronous device.  Is the port this is being plugged into a
> USB 3.0 port ('SuperSpeed')?
>
> Monty

Hello Monty,

lspci | grep USB2
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 06)

The manual explicitly mentions USB2.0 ports, no USB3.0 SuperSpeed. This
is about a Dell XPS 8100.

Best,

Jeremy