[LAU] some apps picked from Linux MAO

Jouni Rinne l33tmmx at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 04:53:33 UTC 2010

On 09/18/10 18:16, allcoms wrote:
> Hi Dave and LAU
>
>> Guitar Pro 6 native Linux version -
>> http://www.guitar-pro.com/en/index.php?pg=product
>> Hey, $60(US) gets you GP6.
>
> Oh wow! Thats great news! I was greatly impressed when my workmate
> showed me GP under windows a while back - I'm pretty certain there is
> no comparable FOSS guitar teaching aid and its unlikely there will be
> for some time, if ever. Keyboard players have pianobooster but GP6
> will be miles ahead of any existing Linux alternative.
>
> RMS would be ashamed of me for saying so but I for one welcome more
> commercial (music) software being released for Linux, especially apps
> that have no real FOSS alternative. More quality native apps for Linux
> can only lead to more Linux converts and less reasons for wine,
> dual-booting and Windows VMs.
>
> Dan

Well, I downloaded the demo version of GP6; unfortunately, the executable is -
stupidly - linked to libpulse.so.0, so it cannot be used on systems without
pulseaudio. And I'm NOT going to install pulseaudio just to test GP6 :(

Jouni Rinne

--
| me at home ~$whoami            ^ ^  | "Trust me, I know what I'm doing!" |
| Jouni 'Mad Max' Rinne      ('x') | - Sledge Hammer                    |