[LAU] Video tutorial on using a vocoder in Qtractor

Igor Brkic igor at hyperglitch.com
Tue Sep 21 08:57:36 UTC 2010

On 21.09.2010 00:19, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just uploaded a new video tutorial to YouTube:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN40LFkeeaQ
>
> It's about using the Sirlab Vocoder LADSPA plugin in Qtractor. I ditched
> recordMyDesktop in favor of ffmpeg with jack_capture within a nested
> Xephyr session with a 1280x720 resolution (apparently YouTube likes this
> best). The quality improved drastically.

Cool tutorial! I've used standalone version of Sirlab Vocoder and it's
pretty good.

Just one technical comment though. Maybe you wanted it that way, or
maybe you just said it wrong, but usually (for that classic vocoder
effect) synth is used as a carrier and voice as a formant (which is also
called modulator).

Cheers!
Igor

> Best,