[LAU] New workstation | DAW pc

Hans Wilmers hanswil at notam02.no
Tue Sep 21 21:40:04 UTC 2010

On 09/20/2010 11:56 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/11/2010 08:31 PM, rosea grammostola wrote:
>>
>> Hmm a other way might be a backup via network? Having some data
>> storing device in the home network...
>> We have several pc's running here, so it might be a good thing. On the
>> other hand... the energy bill was pretty dissapointing this year... I
>> don't know what is better in respect to energy usage.
>>
>> \r
>
> I can recommend these:
> http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-guruplugdetails.aspx
>
> I've got its predecessor, the SheevaPlug, and together with an external
> USB HDD power consumption is below 20 watts. Ok, it's not fast, but the
> GuruPlug has eSATA.

For low power, I can recommend Lacie D2 network:
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11468

For one project, I got this one down to 4W by using an SSD, and it is
fast. I should have measured consumption with the original harddisk, but
  probably it will add up to (4W + HDD).

/ Hans

Hans Wilmers
NOTAM