[LAU] small devices for midi?

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 01:24:24 UTC 2010

hey everyone!

long, uninteresting back story:  I've recently changed my residence,
and have very limited space.  my roland piano (rd-700sx) has extremely
limited space on the front panel.  it would be great/neat/fun to have
a very small device that I could set on my roland that I could
sequence on.

some hardware options:

yamaha qy100 - very small and cheap!
yamaha rm1x - very capable, expensive?
others?

now, maybe these hardware options aren't very interesting to linux
geeks, so I got to thinking that maybe, just maybe, there is a small
device that supports linux that supports alsa/midi?

pandora?
gp32x?
beagleboard?
something else?

of all of these options, the pandora looks *amazing*, but from what
I've read you can't really get your hands on it.  so how about it
everyone?  any recommendations?

thanks list, I always appreciate your help!

josh