[LAU] No batch processing on Linux?

Louigi Verona louigi.verona at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 09:11:49 UTC 2010

Hey guys!

Yeah, I am not saying it is anyone's fault and my CLI abilities are very
basic. Also, even when I do research such stuff, I forget it quickly. For
instance, I remember testing a CLI command to convert photos from one size
to another. It was very fast and efficient and I was really convinced that
it is much faster than firing up a GUI program. However, when I had to do a
similar task some months later, at that moment I had no access to the
Internet and I could not remember what command that was and how to use it.
So eventually I had to give up.
Same with file encoding. It does not come up very often, when it does - will
I remember the command?

I will try Gnome SoundConverter, thanks for this GUI suggestion. CLI
suggestions are also very welcome, I will try them anyway, of course.

--
Louigi Verona
http://www.louigiverona.ru/