[LAU] fluidsynth-dssi with dssi 1.1.0 distorted/garbled audio output

Sean Bolton musound at jps.net
Mon Sep 27 00:32:28 UTC 2010

On Sep 26, 2010, at 5:43 AM, Frank Kober wrote:
> has someone already tested fluidsynth-dssi since dssi was updated
> to 1.1.0 ?
>
> I'm getting strongly distorted audio when using fluidsynth-dssi in
> any host (tested with ghostess and qtractor) and suspect this to be
> related to that dssi update until proven wrong. Strangely, all
> other dssi plugins including the updated ones from some days ago
> work like a charm, as does fluidsynth played via qsynth.

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem. I'm using ghostess
20100923 compiled against DSSI 1.1.0, and both a pre-DSSI-update
fluidsynth-dssi.so (using DSSI 1.0.0 and fluidsynth 1.0.8) and post-
DSSI-update fluidsynth-dssi.so (using DSSI 1.1.0 and fluidsynth
1.1.2) seem to work fine.

> I was wondering if I'm the only one with that problem?

Since you're not the only one, let's see what you have in common.
Versions? Distros? Did you  compile fluidsynth-dssi after the DSSI
upgrade, or are you using a pre-DSSI-upgrade version?

Thanks,
-Sean