[LAU] Subject: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux

David Adler david.jo.adler at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:52:27 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
[...]
>> My idea is _not_ to *add* a three-band parametric, but to *replace* the
>> convolution-based eq with one of the very fine ladspa plugins of
>> parametric eq.
>> This should lower cpu-usage quite a lot. And if your audio signal needs a
>> 31-
>> band or a free-hand-drawn equalizer, you are better off with fixing the
>> mix or
>> using freqtweak, I think.
>>

> This would only output a stereo signal and the compressor expects three
> stereo signals. So you would have to either seperate the stereo signal
> after the eq with a filter or run a copy of the signal to each band of the
> compressor which might increase load but will certainly increase the
> chance of artifacts on the final post compressor output.

According to the image showing Jamins signal paths
http://jamin.sourceforge.net/en/routes.html
the stereo signal coming from the eq currently *is* seperated by a
filter/crossover before feeding the compressor stages.
Thus it should be possible to replace the eq without further changes.

But - I'm no expert on jamins internals, so this could be inaccurate.

best,
david