[LAU] jamin (was: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux)

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Sep 29 17:07:52 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-09-29 at 15:50 +0200, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 06:11:36AM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > Otherwise in the interests of keeping a relatively convivial tone I would
> > like to thank you for spotting the flaws that you have found.
>
> Here's one more:
>
> <http://www.kokkinizita.net/linuxaudio/jamin-iir-xover.png>
>
> This the frequency response (no EQ or whatever) using the IIR crossover,
> set to 500 Hz and 3 kHz. Those 'qualitatively more experienced DSP
> engineers' don't apparently have the experience to perform even the
> simplest of tests. Nor do they know that the type of filter used will
> produce antiphase signals at the crossover frequency.
>
> (Hint: invert the mid band).

Fons,

    If there is a problem, and you know what it is, and you know how to
fix it, why don't you just fix it?  I, for one, bow to your superior
knowledge of DSP - I know jack shit about it (and jack left town).
Steve Harris is apparently too busy to take a look at the problem and
AFAIK Jack O'Quin is the real-time guru.  All I am is the graphics code
monkey ;-)  How about taking a swing at it?

V/R,
Jan