[LAU] jamin (was: Albums under a label recorded and/or mixed with Linux)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Sep 30 01:43:42 UTC 2010

On Wed, September 29, 2010 4:17 pm, fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:19:09PM -0500, Jan Depner wrote:
>
>>     Damn, I just noticed that you said IIR crossover - Steve recommended
>> against using the IIR crossover for serious work.  In fact, it says that
>> in the tooltip in Edit->Preferences.  I think he knew it wasn't optimal
>> when he threw it together.  If you know how to fix that it would be
>> great.
>
> If you fix the filters then the IIR crossover would actually be the
> better one. The FFT-based filters are much too steep (this can be
> fixed as well of course).

We are looking into all of your concerns.

FYI, by three experienced people I was referring to Steve Harris, Jack
O'Quin and my friend who is assisting with analysis of your diagnosis of
the problems/bugs inherent in the current design. As we are all busy and
you seem to have spent a fair amount of time analysis the issues it will
take a us a couple of days to run a full set of tests. We are happy to
isolate the issues you have presented as priority concerns.

Perhaps an easier way to do this in the future is to just present your
evidence up front instead of trashing other peoples hard work with vague
off hand and out of context remarks.

It doesn't contribute to your credibility in the slightest. If anything it
just makes you come across as an arrogant bitch. I'm sure that is not the
public face you want to present to the world and neither is it the status
that we want to confer on you either.

Just my 2 x 1/8oz gold coins though.

--
Patrick Shirkey