No subject

Sun Sep 19 15:01:13 UTC 2010

"...It ( AVLinux 4.1) was created using the upcoming Debian GNU/Linux
'Squeeze' 6.0".

As far as I know, AVLinux has been using Debian testing since version
2.0, which dates back to 2007. While the former versions did use
Ubuntu, this introduced package instability at some point, which
motivated the move to Debian.

The maintainer has strong views about how reliable an audio-production
should be, and values system stability above anything else ; he
explains it better than me here:
http://www.remastersys.com/forums/index.php?topic=240.0

AVLinux works extremely well here, and is the first distro which has
allowed me to make more music than system maintenance; your mileage
may vary, of course.
The above forum is quite active and helpful, by the way; maybe the OP
could get some tips there ?