[LAU] McMillen SoftStep controller

Harry Van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 08:39:29 UTC 2011

Hey!

On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Leigh Dyer <lsd at wootangent.net> wrote:

> If it shows up as an ALSA MIDI device once it's plugged in (as it should
> do, if it's truly a class-compliant USB MIDI device), then it should work
> fine with Wine -- it'll appear as a MIDI device within Wine. I've had great
> success using the Windows editor app for my Korg nanoKONTROL (which is also
> a class-compliant USB MIDI device) under Wine.

Take note that currently if you have MIDI running trough FFADO (ie: using
JACK) then there is a chance that editor apps won't work. This is due to
long Sys-Ex messages not currently being supported. I got bitten by that one
after buying a Nord Micro Modular, which even has an open-source editor:
http://nmedit.sourceforge.net/

Just thought I'd mention that!
Cheers, -Harry