[LAU] OT: metal, money, changes, bleg

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sat Apr 2 12:02:31 UTC 2011

Ken Restivo wrote:
> Fans (or non-fans) of 80's heavy metal might enjoy this. A friend sent me this raw material in a random email, and I spent exactly 15 minutes coding it up in (gasp!) PHP:
>
> http://restivo.org/dio/

Well, no offense, but if that's where you're headed with PHP I suggest
you rethink your priorities. :)

As I told a friend long ago, if you're going to be broke and unhappy, be
broke and unhappy doing something you love.

OTOH, if Dio-status is what you're aiming for as a career in music, just
stick with the PHP. At least then you're likely to end up better-looking
than Ronnie.

Best always,

dp

PS. *4 years* is all you've put into it ?! Ach, kids these days, they
got no sticktoitiveness. ;) I didn't give up on "making it in music"
(whatever that means) until I'd invested a few decades chasing that will
o' the wisp. Then I had to figure out how to make a living as a
musician, a rather different goal for me than "making it in music".

PPS. Just having a little morning fun, Ken. No symbols where none intended.