[LAU] Need to create delay or artificial latency

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Apr 4 02:18:32 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 12:12 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Daniel Bair<daniel at familyfirstradio.net>  wrote:
>
>> I have two different sized delays that I need to create.
>> 1.) I need a audio delay of no more than 4 seconds. All of the delay plugins
>> for Jack-Rack create echo. I just need a pure delay or artificial latency
>> inserted into the jack audio stream (the output needs to be delayed 4
>> seconds from the input without mixing back the input).
>>
> just change the dry/wet mix to 100% wet and you'll get what you want.

Not quite. It depends on the amount of feedback too.

>> 2.) I need a timezone delay of no more than 4 hours. (there are no plugins
>> for Jack-Rack that do this and my attempt to create one with csladspa
>> doesn't work... I have plenty of hd space for looped storage.)
>>
> more details on the use case would be appropriate. it may not be that
> a delay in the conventional sense is the right answer. or it could be.
> no way to tell.

I think he is wanting to buffer for upto 4 hours... Either that or
record something and then play it back up to 4 hours later. Sounds like
a very unconventional tool so would probably be best to create it with
PD or build the app from scratch. However it may be that "timemachine"
does what he is looking for.

>> Any help would be appreciated. Any code (C++, etc.) that would help me get
>> this going would also be appreciated.
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Daniel Bair

Patrick Shirkey