[LAU] Music Made WIth Linux: The Infinite Repeat - The Speeding Train

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Apr 4 08:38:18 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 02:52 PM, Leigh Dyer wrote:
> Very nice :) Has a definite EBM vibe, along the lines of VNV Nation or
> early-ish Covenant tracks.
>
> It's awesome, too, to see that there were a few Linux-based entries to
> the KVR OSC challenge -- it'd be brilliant to see one of you take the
> prize. I was hoping to come up with something myself, but while I didn't
> get that far, I did at least get a chance to dig in to programming
> sounds on ZynAddSubFX, so I understand how it all fits together now :)
> It's definitely a fantastically powerful piece of software.
>
> Thanks
> Leigh

Thanks Leigh! Funny, someone on the KVR forum also came up with this VNV
Nation resemblance. Even funnier, I vaguely know the bands and genre but
never listened to any of those acts, except the very early stuff like
Throbbing Gristle and Cabaret Voltaire.
Guess I'm either getting old or I'm going through a personal electronic
music evolution ;) Just got over New Order, now I'm in the 90's so
within 6 months I hope I'm in Bloody Beetroots/Boys Noize territory :)

Best,

Jeremy