[LAU] OT: metal, money, changes, bleg

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at folkwang-hochschule.de
Mon Apr 4 15:54:24 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 05:41 PM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> On 04/04/2011 04:14 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> The fuel is exploding.

check your facts please. there have never been any fuel explosions. all
that exploded (and it's really embarrassing enough to call for the end
of nuclear energy) is some hydrogen/air mixture under the roofs of the
containment buildings.

> With each explosion it is likely that the perfect conditions could be
> created for a fissile chain reaction.

patrick, try to find some books and learn what "the perfect conditions
for a fissile chain reaction" actually are. then re-assess the situation
yourself, since you are obviously immune to others doing it for you.

> If that doesn't happen at the very
> least we have massive convention explosions in the range of approx 2000
> pounds constantly happening while the fuel burns it way down through the
> crust.

where are these hand-wavey figues coming from? you have been among the
wrong people, i guess :)

> Anything that is in it's path will be vapourised or otherwise
> converted to energy. Keep in mind too that the further is descends
> towards the mantle the hotter it gets, the more radioactive it becomes
> and the higher the atmospheric pressure goes too!

this is medieval reasoning, full of magic, half-truths (although these
are getting more scarce by the minute) and (for the most part) blatant
nonsense.
while you're off to the local library, also get some facts about
conversion of mass to energy. there's obviously a lot more to it than
you think.

i'm getting the impression that you are actively trolling. sorry to the
list, i now understand i should have left this thread a while ago.